Payroll/HR Support Officer
Brisbane Racing Club (BRC) Limited is the premier thoroughbred racing venue in Queensland. As the leading metropolitan race club in Queensland, the Brisbane Racing Club has over 70 race meetings and will host over 200,000 patrons throughout the next season. Race meetings are conducted at the club’s two racetracks, Eagle Farm and Doomben racecourses.
OUR CORE VALUES
It is expected that all Brisbane Racing Club employees actively align with our core values of work, health & safety, honesty, recognition, teamwork, improvement, initiative and customer service.
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Payroll/HR Support Officer to join our Team, based at Eagle Farm race track, reporting to the Human Resource Manager. The Payroll/HR Support Officer will be responsible for the effective administration of the Club’s Payroll function. The role will also have a focus on driving continuous improvement in payroll processing and administration of Time and Attendance processes within the BRC.
The position is a key member of the BRC Finance Team and is also required to support and work across other disciplines including providing direct support to the HR function and other general accounting functions where required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF ROLE
- Process weekly, fortnightly and, in special circumstances, manual pay runs
- Process manual/electronic timesheets, adjustments, leave requests etc.
- Maintain employee Masterfile details (i.e. name, address, TFN, bank accounts details, payroll deductions, leave accruals etc.)
- Maintain system data integrity, drive systems and process improvement in applicable Payroll Systems.
- Respond to payroll enquiries in person, via email or by phone
- Administer End of Pay, End of Month and End of Year processing, periodic reporting and legislative requirements including PAYG, Payroll Tax, Superannuation, STP and WorkCover.
- Support recruitment processes including acting as a panel member where required
- Support the development and review of HR Policies and procedures where required
- Prepare employment contracts and coordinate on-boarding and engagement processes to ensure that new employees are effectively engaged
- Provide advice and support to line management on Employee Relations issues including interpretation of Awards and Industrial Agreements.
- Support WHS Initiatives as required including support for Work Cover Claims information.
- Coordination of staff training activities including maintenance of training records and supporting training needs analysis.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role within a high-volume payroll / HR environment within corporate, not-for-profit and/or sporting/tourism enterprises
- Demonstrated specialist knowledge in Payroll / Finance Systems (CHRIS 21 payroll, Time Target rostering, EBMS an advantage) or the ability to rapidly acquire
- Demonstrated experience in multi-awards and EBA environment
- Outstanding interpersonal, organisational communication skills
- Competent computer skills (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong attention to detail and ability to complete tasks to a high degree of accuracy.