Brisbane Racing Club (BRC) Limited is the premier thoroughbred racing venue in Queensland. As the leading metropolitan race club in Queensland, the Brisbane Racing Club has over 70 race meetings and will host over 200,000 patrons throughout the next season. Race meetings are conducted at the club’s two racetracks, Eagle Farm and Doomben racecourses.
OUR CORE VALUES
It is expected that all Brisbane Racing Club employees actively align with our core values of work, health & safety, honesty, recognition, teamwork, improvement, initiative and customer service.
We are seeking an Executive Assistant to provide high level confidential support to the Chief Executive Officer and to effectively manage the flow of correspondence and communication at the highest level with key stakeholders, including the Senior Leadership Team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF ROLE
- Consistently meet deadlines via the ability to prioritise, display flexibility and deliver results within tight and ever-changing time frames.
- Provide support to Chief Executive, Chairman and GM – Property & Asset Management.
- Prepare confidential correspondence including board papers, reports, proposals, letters, spreadsheets and presentations demonstrating superior knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of software packages.
- Meeting coordination, preparation and distribution of agendas and minutes of meetings. Booking meeting rooms.
- Co-ordinate travel and accommodation needs and plan itineraries for Senior Management Team, Board Members, Administration Team and VIP guests.
- Collation and distribution of board papers.
- Transcribe and format dictation as required.
- Complete purchase orders as required.
- Manage invitations and guest lists for Senior Management Team and Board.
- Prepare electronic information pack for board and senior staff for race meetings.
- During Winter Carnival – manage Guest Lists, Invitations, Ticketing, Committee Functions and other Member functions as allocated.
- Assist CEO with drafting up of Contracts/Tender documents as required.
- Participate in Industry networking events.
- Enter Event bookings i.e Board Meetings, Senior Management Meetings, Staff briefing into EBMS.
- Manage Director and Ambassador staffing roster for race day office.
- Assist with AGM’s as required. Event Order, Mail Out, Proxy/Nomination Forms.
- Demonstrate innovation by striving for continuous business improvement and efficiencies.
- Demonstrate the utmost integrity through professionalism, discretion and confidentiality.
- Work both autonomously and collaboratively to achieve team outcomes.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 5 years experience in a similar role at a senior management support level
- Outstanding interpersonal and organisational skills
- Highly competent computer skills (i.e. Word, Excel, Adobe, Outlook, PowerPoint and specialised packages relevant to role)
- High attention to detail and quick-thinking
- Strong prioritisation skills and the ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of the thoroughbred racing industry and/or events management and hospitality would be an advantage.
The Brisbane Racing Club (BRC) is an equal opportunity employer. We value social and cultural diversity and is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment and the principles of workplace gender equality.
Does this sound like your next exciting opportunity, apply now!