Casual IT Support
Reports to: System Administrator
OUR CORE VALUES
It is expected that all BRC employees actively align with our core values of work, health & safety, honesty, recognition, teamwork, improvement, initiative and customer service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF ROLE
IT Support Officer:
- Monitor and attend to helpdesk requests
- Assist in networking and infrastructure troubleshooting
- Assist the Brisbane Racing Club sales team in quoting and delivering IT components of clients solutions
- Assist in the support, setup & maintenance of various systems and applications
- Knowledge of MS Office, Windows Operating Systems and accurate data entry skills
- Knowledge of PC hardware including POS terminals
- Knowledge of network hardware
- Knowledge of Active Directory is preferred
- Committed to providing service excellence to both external and internal customers
General (applies to all duties):
- Work hours as per roster.
- Consistently demonstrate professionalism, integrity, commitment, fairness and co-operation in all aspects of the above responsibilities.
Occupational Health and Safety Responsibilities
The general responsibilities of a staff member at this level include, but are not limited to:
- Work in accordance with BRC’s OH&S Management System, operational procedures, work instructions and job safety analysis where relevant.
- Co-operate and comply with all safety instructions given by supervisors, managers and/or those undertaking specific OH&S roles.
- To immediately notify supervisors of any unsafe situation and not to work in any way that could endanger yourself or your fellow workers.
- To use appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) where required, and to report any breakages or failures that need replacement or rectification.
- To ensure any item, sign barrier, guard, equipment etc. provided to ensure health and safety of personnel on site is not tampered with, modified or removed.
- To suggest ways of eliminating hazards and improving occupational health and safety within the BRC.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS OF ROLE
- BRC staff will comply with all internal policies, procedures and practices in force at any time.
- BRC staff will comply with all legal requirements and reflect community expectations of corporate behaviour.
- BRC staff will operate in accordance with the organisation’s core values.
- The incumbent must be able to work outside normal business hours as BRC trades seven days per week.
Planning and Organising
- Sets clearly defined objectives
- Plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of changing circumstances
- Manages time efficiently
- Identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks
- Monitors performance against deadlines and achievement of goals
- Provides clear, detailed reports to deadlines
- Develops and updates policies, procedures and standardized recipes
Deciding and Initiating Action
- Takes initiative, acts with confidence and works under own direction
- Initiates and generates activity
- Focuses on needs of BRC and target customers
- Meets pre-determined deadlines, targets and objectives
- Sets high standards for quality and quantity
- Monitors and maintains quality and productivity
Working with Others
- Adapts to the team and assists in building team spirit
- Recognises and acknowledges the contribution of others
- Listens, consults and communicates proactively
- Supports and is considerate of others
- Upholds ethics and values
- Demonstrates integrity
DESIRABLE SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Completion of, or current enrollment in a Diploma of IT, or equivalent
- Excellent communications skills and attention to detail is essential
- Must be able to work Saturday and Public holiday race days as required